When you start off your first conversation of the day with a perfect stranger with the line, "Did I see you at Red Lobster last night?" You know it is going to be a great day. So, Brian and I went to Red Lobster last night to partake in some never ending shrimp. We decided to sit at the bar so we could watch the baseball games. This older gentleman and his wife sit near us for a couple drinks. I remember leaning over toward Brian saying, "that guy looks so familiar to me." I could not figure out why he looked so familiar. Bright and early this morning at the family practice office I work at, I see this same gentleman walk in. He is the first patient of the day, so I go in to see him. I look at him and say, "before we begin, I must ask you. Did you go out to dinner last night?" "Why yes," he responds. "Did you happen to go to Red Lobster because I think I saw you there." He laughed and said yes and that he remembers me sitting there eating with my boyfriend and he "always notices pretty ladies." What a strange encounter....and proof that I may be a little psychic. Anyways, he turned out to be one of my favorite patient's today. He was in his 80's and very healthy. I asked him his secret. "Red Lobster, drinking, and young, pretty ladies," he joked. Well, I got two out of three! Well, maybe more like one...but I guess you can't have it all.
Now, off to studying for the weekend. If anyone knows where to find motivation, please let me know. Thanks!
I've managed to pull off all three
ReplyDelete