Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Great State of Oklahoma State Fair

For the first time in awhile, Brian and I were both not on call this weekend. So, how did we spend our free time? Hitting up the famous Oklahoma State Fair or White Trash Bash. You can imagine the crowd I am sure. We tried the famous Indian taco and any other fried food sample we could get our hands on.
The fair was complete with nauseating rides, freak shows, animals galore, and any food you can think of fried on a stick.
The best part of the day was when Brian and I won a free 4 night cruise to the Bahamas! I never win anything. We filled out a raffle form to win a car or something like that and a guy helping with the booth said we were eligible to spin the wheel. The wheel had several trips to Vegas, Orlando, and Washington D.C., and a cruise on it. Lucky Brian landed it on the cruise. What is the catch thought? Apparently it is through a travel agency that advertises by sending people on trips, which is cheaper for them than TV commercials. Ok...so what do we have to do? All we do is go to a 60 minute talk about their travel agency. Sounds kinda like timeshare stuff. Good thing Brian is good at saying "NO". We could pick a cruise to Mexico or the Bahamas and they pay for the flight and the cruise. We only pay for the $100-200 worth of tax and port fees. So, we will see if there really is a catch, but it sounds pretty good.
After we were at the fair most of the day, we decided to head home before it started to storm. I was disappointed I didn't get my funnel cake and didn't pay a dollar to see the world's smallest women at 29 inches tall, but I will take a cruise in place of that. Til next year...Great State of Oklahoma Fair!

For some reason my pictures are showing up weird, but here are the captions:
1)Some of the animals we encountered. Texas Longhorn, Oklahoma Buffalo, and cows getting groomed and blow-dried for their show.
2)My love: The Funnel Cake
3)The Famous Oklahoma Indian Tacos aka gut bomb
4)Finishing off the taco with a jug of Root Beer
















No comments:

Post a Comment