Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Free Food Samples
I just woke up today at about 2:oo pm. No I am not that lazy...I was on call last night and got home at 5:00ish. Anyways, I woke up with a ravishing appetite, but no food in my kitchen to satisfy my need for mexican tostadas (thanks to Lora for introducing me to these wonderful treats). Anyways I go to the store thinking it will be empty and a great time to go get some groceries. Of course the fact it was the day before Thanksgiving did not register with me and it was beyond crowded. I wondered around the store for an hour picking up random stuff that sounded good at the time, but will probably sit and go bad in my fridge in a week without being touched. During my grocery store adventure, I came across the always delicious cheese and cracker sample platter. Which brings me to my blog title. I was seriously laughing to myself at how funny free food samples are at stores. People see them and act so surprised. "Oh wow! A variety of cheese and crackers that are completely free." They timidly take one bite and act like they are truly trying to decide to by this cheese. Then they walk away, look around to make sure no one is watching, and casually go back to the platter for another sample, all the while acting like they had just stumbled across the free samples for the first time again. I know this scene all too well because, that is exactly how I end up full from all the free samples at every grocery store trip. I know we are all guilty of this, but it still makes it hilarious to watch complete strangers go through the whole process too. Anyways, random thought for the day. Now back to pretending to study.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally do that. Costco right after work, around 4:05PM is the PERFECT time to get all the free samples before they put them away for the 5:00 rush. I seriously laughed out loud when I read this because I do the "oh what is that? yumm..." when all along I know what it is. Great post :)
ReplyDelete