Saturday, January 2, 2010
People are good
Random thought the other day as I was shopping on the plaza. There are numerous people begging on the plaza and usually I just walk right by them. I have heard various rumors about some of these people living in Lenexa in a big house and making a ton of money just going out and begging during the day. After hearing this, I assume every one of them is that person and does not need the money. Or that they will use the money on booze and it will just feed the habit. Well, the other day I saw a young man, probably in his twenties park his car in front of one of these guys begging with crutches and an empty tin can. He got out with a huge bag of some kind of fast food and a drink and gave it to this guy, like it was no big deal. He didn't stand around to be acknowledged or try and make a big scene and simply patted the guy on the shoulder, got in his car and drove off. People really are good, I thought to my self. That little selfless act of kindness put me in such a good mood, especially around the holiday time. New Years Resolution...be more selfless. So far, not so good. But I got a whole year to figure it out right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment