Thursday, January 27, 2011

South Africa


Just had a dream last night that I went on a safari. Then I woke up and thought, hey this is really going to come true!
Maybe I will get an awesome pic like this:


I leave tomorrow morning for Johanneburg, South Africa. It is 80 degrees and sunny there right now, by the way. I a kind of freaking out. How do you pack for a whole month of unknown adventure? I know I am a) working in a hospital doing Ob/Gyn b) living in a house with 4 other med students and 4 PT and nursing students somewhere and b) that it is not really that safe there and you should not go out after dark. But there are a lot of unknowns such as a) How are we getting anywhere transportation wise (we are all working at different hospitals) b) HIV is very common there and do I need to bring my own gloves and eye wear as well as a tuberculosis mask? c) Will I have connection to home (ie internet, phone, etc).
I guess we will see...

Hopefully I will have internet access and be able to keep you all updated over the month. Don't worry I will try and take tones of pictures! See you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting, Courtney! I'll be thinking about you :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete