It all started about a month ago...I was watching HGTV House Hunters (my new addiction) and finally got the bug to want to look at houses. We live in a brand new apartment that I love right now. It is the perfect size, easy to clean, and I don't have to decorate much. Brian has always wanted to get a house because it is a "good investment" and all that jazz. I just am scared of owning a house with multiple rooms that I have to make look "cute". After watching House Hunters, I think I can manage and I want to try. Also, my ulterior motive is that I want a dog, so we need a backyard. Basically our apartment is a bachelor pad. All the wall hangings are sports pics of K-State, Royals, or Chiefs.
After looking at about 10-15 houses...some old and some new. Brian wanted a fixer up because he says he can pretty much do all construction and make a profit when we sell it. I wanted something we can just move into and not worry about flipping a 60's style kitchen. I was on call last weekend and Brian went with our realtor to look at several houses, then I got a text, "found one!" It is still in Edmond, so not closer to OU Medical Center, but it is brand new and really cool. It is a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, with an upstairs loft, all granite countertops, and it is a corner lot. It also has a cute covered porch. Here are some pics.

Just Kidding!
Here it is

It has an awesome upstairs loft thing with another bathroom. I am thinking it could be a the perfect place for all the sports pictures to be the man cave/study room/xbox playing area.

Kitchen/Living room


Well more to update later as we start this whole process. Umm I need all the decorating ideas I can get. Anyone want to come help me out over a weekend? Anyone?
I will come!! YAY! congratulations, so exciting! Miss you Court!
ReplyDeleteME TOO! Congrats Court! I love the house and I'm so jealous of your loft...it's the Oklahoma/Texas version of a basement and I so wish we had one!
ReplyDeleteOMG - Can I come down with Jimmy and the boys can play XBox and we can do fun house stuff and talk baby stuff? talk about a dream weekend?!?!?
ReplyDeleteSeriously. This would be part #2 of the "babymoon" adventures. I know Jimmy would love it.
PS - So exciting and happy for you guys!!!
You are such a grown up! Congrats! And obvs I will bring the babe and come visit this summer. :)
ReplyDeleteYou would think that would be a big problem, but no. The biggest problem is that the kitchen countertops weren’t level. Everything rolled off of them onto the floor! Clearly, something had to be done.
ReplyDeleteJust read your post. Congrats!!!!
ReplyDelete