Sunday, August 5, 2012
Well Helllooo
I have been seriously MIA for the last several months. I ended my intern year of residency on Labor and Delivery. There is not much time to do much else those two months. Now, I am on Gyn Oncology, which is even busier. It is a very rough/depressing/interesting month for multiple reasons. I get to do a lot of cool surgeries and learn to take care of really sick patients, so that has been a good part of it. All I have to say is, I am thankful for my health and my friends and families. You never know what life can bring, so cherish every day.
Now onto less serious subjects:
Here is a few things that have gone on the past several months...
-Moved into our new house. We have a guest room set up now, so come visit! So far, we have had Vanessa and Chris, Brian's brother Garret, and Gail and Marty come visit the exciting city of OKC. Of course Brian had to have a purple door. Here is early in the springs after planting flowers. It pretty much looks like a jungle of flowers now.
-Got obsessed with antique shops. Bought this awesome old early 1900s scale. It goes with this old doctor's bag in our office. The scale still works. Brian was pretty pumped about this find. Eventually, we are going to put our diplomas up on the wall there too.
-Had a keg party at the house, called Seacat-A-Polooza (original, I know). I was told it was like a college party. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Either way, it was complete with an Ob/Gyn versus Anesthesia flip cup game. Anesthesia won this year...but we are coming back next. The night ended in true Kelly style, with me telling ghost stories using the flash light app on the iPhone. Now they all know I am weird officially.
-Brian and I did a Paint and Palette art class I bought a Groupon for. Here is the result.
Brian concentrating extremely hard on his even lines.
Courtney vs. Brian. Whose is better?
-Joined a gym right by our house. It is a brand new Gold's gym complete with a pool, a cinema room to watch movies and work out in, and very tan, fit, buff, and stylish people...let's say I am none of those, so I feel very awkward. I have been only once and that experience was interesting enough. I ran in from work in my scrubs changed liked a mad women to make the 6:30 spinning class. I get out to the spinning studio just in time for the class to start and realize my shorts are on backwards. I have this awkward front pouch and by shorts are riding up in the back. I grin and bear it and get on the bike. Then my hair thing fell out somewhere along the way (found it later in my sports bra) and so I maneuver my headband to hold my massive mane up. I felt like Cousin It on a bike. It was a great workout, but I am not as young as I used to be. Still hurting after that.
-Some really cool kids had some birthdays! Since I don't have a dog or kids, my nieces and nephews are the ones I like to brag on.
Miss Madison turned 10 on May 7th! I can't believe she is in the double digits. I know a lot of you remember her in diapers with her K-state cheerleader outfit at the Pi Phi house.
-This kid turned 4 on August 1st! He is the funniest, most laid back kid I know. Ever since he was little. Cooper..time to take a nap. "ok!". Cooper..no more pacifier. "ok" threw it in the trash and never asked about it again. Cooper put this outfit on. "ok!"
He will do anything for a laugh. He got a drum set for his birthday. I do not know what Gwen and Ryan were thinking. But her looks pretty cool.
Here he is at his lemonade stand saying, "Get some Mother Fing lemonade bitches." Ok not really, but you can just imagine. He was able to stop most people with his dance moves though.
Oh how I miss the lake. Madison, Chloe, and Coop enjoying the Ozarks. Very jealous. Oh to be young and carefree again.
-Connor turned 13 and is now a teenager complete with braces. Oh, and he is now on Facebook and has an iPhone. Seriously?!? Definitely saw a post already from a girl, with a comment from his friend under it saying, "Yeah Connor, get some." Awkward. He is still my little nephew in my eyes that called me Nortney.
Doesn't he look so old and mature?
Poor kid! He hopefully, will eventually catch up to these other 13 year olds. I am thinking his future plans as a professional basketball player are looking less promising.
Well that is it for now. I am heading to Cali with Lora to see Ash in a couple weeks. Hopefully we will have so good stories to share. I would count on her getting a post up from that trip way before me. Plus, she is way more entertaining.
Miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













Everything about this post made me laugh. One question though...can I be friends with Connor on facebook?? ;)
ReplyDeletehaha! He would probably stalk you Vanessa. So beware. Side note: I have a blog post to come about Chloe and Hadley. Ashley was worried I forgot about them.
ReplyDelete