Brian and I were in Chicago for our good friend, Jeff Miller's wedding (pics below).
Brian was a handsome groomsman at the wedding.
Things got a little crazy. He was very creative in his use of the groomsmen handkerchiefs.
We also went to Chicago on Thursday to take our Clinical Skills exam. We basically see 12 patients/actors, do a history and physical exam, then write a note with what we think the patient has and what kind of tests we want to do. Basically it is making sure a) you speak English b) are not completely awkward c) are not a complete idiot. It was a long day, but it went well for both of us. Ok that is completely off the subject...I digress (always wanted to use that term).
The wedding weekend was a blast and the wedding was beautiful. After the wedding, on Sunday, Brian and I's flight didn't leave until 9:15 pm, so we decided to drive our rental car back into the city and go to the beach or walk around town. On our way, Brian decided to park in some random park/flower garden area (come to find out, not so random). I was like, "what are we doing? Let's get to downtown and go to the beach...I don't want to get out of the car...etc." It finally came upon me, a sneaky suspicion something was about to go down, so I stopped complaining and went with it. We started walking....and walking...and walking around. Can we stop soon please?
Then he leads me onto a grassy knoll, as we both agreed was the best term for the location.
Brian was shaking and really sweaty I might add (ha ha sorry B, but I have to be descriptive). I was grabbing his arms trying to calm him as he says the most loving and sweetest things to me. We laughed, we cried...then he got down on one knee and BAM! You all know the rest. He did well.
The aftermath photos:
On the bench by the grassy knoll.
A look from my perspective. Creative, no?
A little baby bunny was sitting right next to us. Gotta symbolize something right? Just not sure what. Had to get a pic nonetheless.
Entrance of the Lilacia Park! Classic "he put a ring on it" picture.
The rest of the day, we finally made it to downtown Chicago. We ate lunch, walked along the beach (which is pretty nice complete with palm trees...does not feel like you are in the midwest- see pic below) and walked around the city. It was an amazing day. Thanks to all of you for your support and congrats. We love you all!
Beach Bar.
The Brian bobblehead ( a groomsmen gift from the wedding) was there the whole time to take it all in. Here he is safely buckled in on the plane.
Then he proposed.
So in conclusion...start planning for an AWESOOOOMMMEE vacation and maybe a little wedding on the side for May or June 2011!
YAY!!!!! So excited for you both and can't wait for your wedding. :)
ReplyDeleteCouldn't be happier for you both! Of course, this post brought tears to my eyes. :) The very best and brightest wishes for you!
ReplyDelete(way to go Brian!)
So excited for both of you! You are going to be a beautiful bride and the best wife! Miss you both!
ReplyDeleteI still can't get over the AMAZING news!! Court, you are going to make a beautiful bride! Brian, you are one lucky guy!! Love you both and can't wait to celebrate the engagement soon!! Caitlin
ReplyDeleteGreat outfit... classic top, trendy shoes, basic skirt.. and with Brian’s kstate T, these engagement pics are going to last a lifetime. I still feel your mani is a bit suspicious- but maybe you just have impeccable timing?!
ReplyDeleteAll that being said- Congrats Again!!!!
Love you both- You make a great team!
Courtney! Thanks for all the details! So excited to see you both! Love you and ant wait for your big day! 2011 will be such an amazing year for you.--Harjung
ReplyDeleteCourtney I am so excited for you and Brian!! What a sweet proposal! Can't wait to see you and congratulate you guys in person!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYay!! So excited... I think the baby bunny symbols a little baby on the way??? Maybe half bunny, half human.... like Renesme (sp?).. haha jk. That was a horrible joke!!! Adam and I will start to save up for the destination wedding- see you in August!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny!!! I loved reading your engagement blog and I'm not sure what was better....the bunny or the bobblehead of Brian...I think the bobblehead and the fact that you buckled him into his seat!LOL! Anyway, I could not be more happy for you both.What an amazing couple! I just know you will have a wonderful life together, oh and you will be a beautiful bride! :) Mallorie! And Jeremy says Congrats!
ReplyDelete