Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ooooklahoma!

Well, it is official. The Seacats are residents of Oklahoma. We have new drivers licenses and even OK car tags. The apartment is brand new and so far, we love it. Orientation starts Monday and we officially start work July 1st. Stay away from all teaching hospitals. Just saying.
This week we have pretty much laid out by the pools or gone out with our future colleagues for drinks or dinner. Everyone seems pretty cool. There are 6 residents (4 girls and 2 boys) in my program and 12 (11 boys and one girl) in Brian's program. Sunday I am going to our program director, Dr. Krouse's lake house for a day of drinking, skiing, and tubing. Should be fun. Hopefully I don't embarrass myself not being able to get up skiing or worse...a nip slip. Ha!

Here is our monster bed. We got a king, but with the high box springs and the really high furniture, it is the biggest bed I have ever seen and looks even bigger in the small room. I literally have to climb or hop up to get into bed. At least, when we get a dog one day, he or she can't get up onto the bed.


The "office" area



New kitchen with stainless steel appliances. Not too shabby

The living room. We have yet to buy a table and TV stand.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love love that your worry is a "nip slip". You're the best. And I love those rosette pillows...we have the same ones on our bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of the apartment! Good luck this next week!

    ReplyDelete