Saturday, March 20, 2010

Awkward

Finally have some free time! This past week I have been working in Labor and Delivery at the hospital from 6am to 6 or 7 pm, then coming home and going to bed, and repeat. I absolutely love it and think this is what I am going to do with my life, though. Ob/Gyn that is. Everyone that knows me, knows how ironic this is.
So yesterday was a pretty slow day, as far as deliveries go. Early morning, one of the residents and I had to go down and see a patient in the ER. She had just delivered 7 days ago and was complaining of severe headaches and her blood pressures were in the 180s-190s/100-110 (normal is 120/80). While in the ER she had a seizure. This condition is called eclampsia and only happens in pregnancy or soon after. That is why you have to go to the doctor so much when you are pregnant. They need to check your blood pressure and check for protein in your urine (sign of kidney damage) at every visit. Kind of scary, but she will be ok. Anyways, while down there I was looking for some supplies for our patient and some random ER tech guy helped me out. Later that day, I get an e-mail from some guy titled, "Random". The e-mail is from the guy in the same guy in the ER and it is basically asking me out. Brian walks up right as I am reading this in my phone...haha! Awkward. Don't know how this guy got my name or e-mail, but he did have some balls to do that. I finally decide to e-mail him back after my friend Erin and I think of what to say for 30 minutes that doesn't sound too mean or too nice to give him any ideas. The thing is, I have no idea who he is or what he looks like, so it may be awkward whenever I have to go back to the ER, especially when I do my critical care internship there in several months.

On a different note...Go CATSSSS! I just got a picture mail from my older sister. My brother in law, Ryan and nephew, Connor, are in Oklahoma at the tournament. Connor just got the whole k-state team's autographs in their hotel lobby. I am sure he is on cloud 9 now. Lucky!

1 comment: