Friday, March 26, 2010

Superstition..

"Cats are on the move!!!" - Derek Seacat (Brian's Dad)

Well the Cats pulled it off again! Last night as I almost suffered three heart attacks and two strokes while watching the K-State/Xavier game. During the game, I began to observe how weird people are when they watch sports. Brian yelled at my because I left a pile of dead skin and nail bites on his couch after incessantly picking at my finger and toe nails because I was so nervous (I know...very gross). I was laughing to myself as Brian was on the edge of his seat rocking back and forth, as if he was autistic (I know that may not be PC, but that is what came to mind while looking at him). Also, Brian was a little over the top when he yelled at me for picking up his phone....you see his entire coffee table could not be disturbed, including his phone, or else it would cause K-state to loss. I remember at one point doing high knees around Brian's apartment and jumping on his cough because I was so nervous and could just not get myself to sit still. WTF? Sports makes people do weird things. I am going to make this blog post interactive...What is your superstition or weird habit you do while watching sports?


2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know about mine...(although I tend to pick at my nails too Court!), but Andrew yells a lot of cuss words. A LOT. Sometimes I have to remind him to calm down. It doesn't ever help. But, at least I try. Otherwise, we wouldn't be allowed to watch games with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am convinced that if I do not wear specific things (K-State: purple gem ring, purple undies, etc... Chiefs: Chiefs jersey or XL Chiefs sweats, courtesy of Ashley Kelly's employer circa 2005), then my team will lose. Even if I have had to work or had some obligation and therefore have had to tivo the game (which I always do if I have to miss a game, and I will seriously have to ponder why not to punch you in the face if you tell me the score), and so therefore I am watching a game that has already been decided, I am still convinced that if I am not fully decked out and paying attention, then my team will lose. Makes no sense to a logical mind, but I am not logical when it comes to supporting my teams.

    ReplyDelete