Sunday, March 7, 2010
Guy Talk
This blog is a tribute to guys everywhere and their uncanny ability to transform any stranger into a best friend. This idea came up last night while at the wonderful mexican bar and restaurant, Ponak's. While sitting at the bar, waiting for a table, two random men started talking to Brian and I. I was amazed how within minutes they three men became best friends while taking about the one unifying guy subject....sports! This would never happen with strangers in the girl world, due to the lack of an always guaranteed unspoken interest. It is easy with guys...sitting at a bar drinking=likes sports. I feel like everywhere I go with Brian, even if he doesn't know a soul there, he will find some new person to talk to about sports and the latest controversy or KU/K-State ranking, tournament, etc. Now occasionally I will be able to add a one sentence short opinion to sound like I am in the know such as, "yeah, it is probably better for K-State to be a number 2 seed" or "yeah, Wally Judge will be good next year, once he gets more experience." This usually goes totally ignored as they ramble on. That is fine with me. Am I jealous? No! The sad thing about this guys, is that when they run out of sports topics (which, yes I know, is a long subject to talk about), they have nothing else. Girls on the other hand, can find endless topics to discuss. Case in point...My sisters (Gwen, Ash, Melinda) and brothers (Ryan and Chris) and Brian and I all went out for dinner and drinks. They guys sat in their corner and discussed K-State, Chiefs, Royals, etc. The girls talked about many interesting subject...so many I cannot even recall them all! In about 30 minutes they guys were staring at us trying to get us to finish out drinks so they could leave. They said they are bored and have nothing else to talk about except how long we are taking to finish our drinks. Hmmm. So, I think there are definite pros and cons to being a guys or girl. Maybe I should educate myself on all sports, so I can trump Brian and be a guys-girl and a girls-girl. That would be the ultimate...yeah let's be honest, probably won't happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't be so hard on yourself Court. Must say, I'm impressed you know that it's better for K-State to be a 2 seed (or really even a 4 or 5) and about Wally Judge (though the announcers of the KU/State game gave him a ridiculous amount of air time)... I think Brian is definitely rubbing off on you though, and let me just say I like it. Also on that note, I definitely think we should do a Pi Phi pool, and hopefully people would actually do it since we're doing well this year. Thoughts??
ReplyDeleteGuys Rule! haha
ReplyDelete