This blog is dedicated to Brian, who won some major boyfriend points over the weekend. His younger brother, Matt had just gotten in town from Japan. He is in the marines and is now moving back to the states after 2 years. His other brother, Garret, was going to come up from Emporia and it was going to be a Seacat reunion. Well, KC ended up having blizzard like weather and Garret could not make the drive. So it was Brian, Matt, Matt's girlfriend, Jordann, and I. After watching KU lose and K-State win. We decided it was time to go out and and celebrate the win as well as Matt's homecoming. One thing led to another, shots were ordered, and then chaos...
Matt ended up trying to fight every guy he came in contact with, including the 50 some year old bartender. Brian had to take him to the bathroom and give him an older, wiser brother scolding. Jordann ends up freaking out because some guy hit on her at the bar. And I? Well let's just say I pretty much time traveled. I vaguely remember sitting on the bathroom floor at one of the bars, just wanting to be in bed. Then apparently I got up after 30 minutes walked out of the bar, told the others "let's go" and jumped into a cab. When we got to Brian's apartment I realized I did not have my purse and Brian's apartment keys were in there. So long story short, Brian ended up climbing through his milk door (yes his apartment still has milk doors), putting me to bed, then walking to Westport to retrieve my purse and car. Major boyfriend points for babysitting all of us and for walking through Westport with a giant purple purse!
I am too old for this stuff once again! I blame it all on Matt and his peer pressure to do shots after shots. I can't even think about this without feeling nauseous. I leave for Cabo with my roomate, Annie, and friend Megan on Saturday. Hopefully, I can keep it under control and realize my age and capabilities of drinking this time.
On another note, just finishing up Ob/Gyn nights. Had 2 deliveries and 2 c-sections last night, as well as a couple pregnant mom's going through heroin or PCP withdrawal (extremely disturbing, but par for the course at KU). Overall pretty exciting night at Labor and Delivery!
Love it when you say you time traveled!!! LOL! Also, sooooo jealous of Cabo! I need a beach vacation in the worst way. Adam and I are trying to make it somewhere for our 1 year.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to talk to you about your OBGYN time...I bet you have great stories and advice now!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard about time traveling for so long! I love it. Let's bring that phrase back Courtney.
ReplyDelete